Monday, July 26, 2010

Shaker & Egg Poacher

I love both of these products. They both came from Wal-mart. The egg poacher was over where the microwaves are. I am not sure where the water bottle shaker is located since my my sweet niece let me use hers (I have decided that it is mine now - I will get you a new one, Cori - if you tell me where I can find it ). So, for the shaker, it holds 25 ounces (it measures in ounces and milliliters) and has 2 small compartments built into the top for pills and whatnots. The bottom also unscrews to reveal fairly large cup for storing things like my afternoon spark or a lunch time meal replacement drink. There is also a removable screen in the top which which allows you to simply pour in your Spark/Shake powder, add water, shake it up and go...no stirring required.
GREAT product! I feel like an infomercial. I am in no way affiliated with either of these products. Just FYI.



The Egg Poacher


The egg poacher is another neat product. You can poach 2 eggs in less than a minute. Depending on the cook time, you can either completely cook the yolk or leave it runny. I prefer the yolk completely cooked since I can't have grits right now. This is especially great for those people, who like me, are always in a hurry. All you have to do is crack the eggs into the bowls add a teaspoon of water to each bowl, close the lid and nuke it for about a minute depending on the strength of your microwave. This can also be done without buying the egg poacher (I call this the redneck poacher). You can use a bowl and a saucer/plate . Put the egg in the bowl, add water and cover it with a saucer or plate also put something with some weight to it on top. I used a coffee mug. Then nuke it!
The Redneck Version
This makes a quick breakfast with great protein and I also make them ahead of time and take to the office in ziplocks for my morning and/or afternoon snack.

A little tid bit - each egg contains about 6 grams of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment